[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover Feature Enhancements

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:07:09 -0800

Hi Everett, and a fourth feature I would like is a check box in the
voice over utility that says indicate when interaction is needed,
because I personally feel, we've been given the interact concept way
too much, and we should only have to interact with something such as a
table, if that table is unreadable when using down arrow, or vo down
arrow keys.  I was trying to listen to the screenless switcher's
podcast regarding audio highjack, and they talked about interacting
with the table, but if you can down arrow through the table, then
interaction is not needed, but I feel like we often times, just put
everything on auto pilot, and just do things out of habbit.
--Original Message Text---
From: E.J. Zufelt
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:58:44 -0400

Good evening,

There are three significant feature enhancements that I believe are
necessary in Voiceover.  I have sent these requests to
accessibility@xxxxxxxxx and would strongly encourage you all to send in
a message as well supporting these requests.  I would also love it if
you could forward this message to any Voiceover users that you know who
do not read this list.

1. Configuration options that are configurable on a per-application
basis.

2. The ability to move from one window to another (for example Preview
to Mail) and have VO remember where you wre in the original document
when you return.

3. The ability to skip the current sentence or paragraph while VO is in
continual reading mode.

Thanks,
Everett

Marty