[macvoiceover] Re: OT: help with ipod classic

  • From: Tim Grady <tfgrady1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 08:43:56 -0400

Of course you can browse by whatever everyone else can, you just have to have a
good memory.  Let's see.  The top of the wheel is important.  If you click 4
times you'll be at the top Ipod menu.  Most Ipods have almost the same menus,
so here is what I remember.  4 clicks will always take you to the top menu.
Move your finger around the wheel until there are no more clicks.  If you hit
the select button once you'll be in the music menu.  The list you'll be in is
the songs list and as you move your finger to the right around the wheel you
are moving through the list of songs.  If you select a song hit the select
button twice because the first time you hit it you'll be in a list that shows
you the album the song came from along with a list of songs on that album.  The
second click of the select button will start playback.  If you are in the top
Ipod menu and select the music menu then the first click of the wheel to the
right  assuming you start at the songs will be songs by artist, next click to
the right will be by album, then I don't remember, but since the Ipod menus are
really similar some one can help.  If you have audible books on your Ipod then
when you get into the music menu click all the way to the right and then click
once to the left and hit the select button.  You will be in a list of books.
All the way to the left will be the first book.  In this instance, if you click
on a book you will be in a menu that lists the headers of the book.  If you
have listened to the book before you'll be right on resume and all you have to
do is hit select again to start listening.  The differences in the menus come
when things like genus are turned on or you have a now playing selection in the
music menu.  Anyone with an Ipod can help you out with the Ipod menu structure
and if you do something like keep some reference cards handy you'll have no
trouble.