[macvoiceover] OT: help with ipod classic

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 14:19:17 -0500

I know this is OT because voiceover doesn't work on the Classic, so if somebody
wants to write me offlist that's fine. I wanted the classic because of its
large storage capacity for the price. I had no trouble syncing it but i've only
gotten it to play something once so far. I know you have to move your finger
around the outside circle and hit the button in the center to select but since
there are menus I'm not sure what to do after I hear a click and hit select the
first time; do I just go for another click and hit select again? when I got it
to play, I was managing to travel between tracks so maybe there's hope. If I
can't get it to work I'll take it back but I don't want a nano or a shuffle or
a touch; I already have an iPhone and an iPad and a Stream. But I have a huge
Music library and that's why I want to use the classic. I can't convert it to
rockbox either as the gen6 classic isn't supported and since this is brand new
from the Apple store I would imagine it's a gen6.

Anybody with successful experience with a classic or who has found it
impractical to try using it is welcome to write me offlist.

Tia.

--
Cheryl Homiak
cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx