[macvoiceover] Mac has lost all sounds

  • From: "MJ" <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:00:22 +0100

Hi,
I was happily on my mac earlier this evening, helping someone on skype with
their mac when skype ceased to talk, itunes ceased to play and voice over
ceased to speak. I, as best as I could quit everything and turned the mac off,
seen as it wasn't shutting down, I had to force it too. upon switching back on,
I heard the chime, and the noise to tell me I had no new emails but no pop
sound and no voice over and no syrinx tweet sound either. I shut off, and did a
pram reset to no avail. and upon the pram reset, heard vikki announce, as I
have her do so that I have new mail. but still no popping voice over sound.
anyone have any ideas. please. I've been searching around on the web and to no
avail. is this a apple genius problem?
thanks
sad mac user