[macvoiceover] Re: Mac has lost all sounds

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 06:43:20 -0400

this is not a vo issue.

On Aug 23, 2009, at 10:33 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

I know this may be a bit far fetched, but have you tried system preferences? Sometimes command-f5 doesn't work, but this method will at least bring vo back.
1. Press vo m.  This lands you first on the Apple menu.
2. Arrow down 6 times and press enter.
3. Tab once and press the letter u for universal access.
4. Press the space bar, then tab twice.
5. Press the down arrow the the up arrow. If it doesn't work the first time to turn vo back on, try once more. The Skype thing is certainly a mystery, but hopefully this will at least turn vo back on for you! Marcy

On Aug 23, 2009, at 10:13 PM, MJ wrote:

maybe, but that wouldn't mute skype, and that's the only reason I knew something had happened. I couldn't hear my friend anymore. :(
it's looking like a definite trip to apple hospital for my macbook. :(