[macvoiceover] Re: Itunes.

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:06:46 -0400 (EDT)

Jane, you need an ogg converter. Those ogg files will turn your 6 gigs into 2 gigs.

On Wed, 28 May 2008, Jane Jordan (Gmail) wrote:

This brings up another question.

I've got a podcast that--the whole series takes up six gigs. So, would it be possible to compress the file size somehow while keeping them in the podcast directory of iTunes, or is it a lost cause?

Jane

On May 28, 2008, at 1:11 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Actually, it will not fill up your harddrive, each song takes up just a small space. I am guessing that the average drive would hold several hundred thousand songs, or copies of songs. Don't worrie, make as many playlist as you want.

I have over a thousand songs, several Startrek adventures, over 25 audio books and a movie or 2, pictures for my friends, album covers and all of that takes up about 7 GIG.

With all of my apps, which are many, my files, hundreds, e-mail messages, over ten thousand, my iTunes library and more, I am only using about 50 GIG of my 250 GIG drive.

HTH.

Keith Reedy