[macvoiceover] Re: Itunes

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 21:17:38 -0500

Ya know Cara I believe it still does. It doesn't say it is but I find it there afterwords.

On Jan 1, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Cara Quinn wrote:

It's possible to play files with ITunes without importing. If you bring up a context menu with ctrl click or VO shift M, you should see an option to Open with ITunes. I don't believe this imports.

 -Thoughts anyone else?…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jan 1, 2009, at 10:17 AM, John Hess wrote:

Jan, your library should be located in a folder called ITunes which is located in your music folder. If it doesn't find a library and you do have one you will need to click choose library and point it to the correct folder. The other alternative is to have it create another library which really isn't a problem. The worst is it will call it itunes 1 or something like that. As far as playing music from your flash drive it will have to be imported in to the Library. ITunes loves to put everything in to it's library and isn't usually satisfied with just playing things. you can delete them when your done if you really don't want them there. If you go to your flashdrive pressing command-O when a file is highlighted will open it in ITunes and of course import it in to the library. I have never tried selecting a batch of music but you might try selecting all the files and then pressing command-o. The assumption is that they will all be imported in to itunes at the same time rather then one at a time. Have fun.
On Jan 1, 2009, at 12:46 PM, Jan Stirbens wrote:

Hello,

Hope everyone has a happy New Year.

I am using a Mac Book with intel processer.
Each time I open Itunes, or open an mp3 file, Itunes opens and says I either have to create a library or use existing library. I have tried to do both
and still no go with playing files via Itunes.
Do I have to have my mp3 files in a certain folder? I am trying to play
them from my thumb drive, which is plugged into the Mac.

Jan

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab

---
View my Online Portfolio at: