[macvoiceover] Re: Formatting documents?

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:34:53 -0400 (EDT)

There is html which can be used by those who study the language.  For
bullets, those are cextended characters.  I used to know the number for
that too but didn't use it and didn't write that down so lost it.  I can
find out and be back with that info a little later this week.
For people who are looking for a free newsreader for their mac and have
an intel version of mac, the aqua version of emacs is the package to
download.  You'll need to learn to do some configuration but you start
the newsreader up like:
emacs -f gnus <enter>
gnus is built into that version of emacs.  Adding /etc/nntpserver to
your system containing a line with your news server's address on it
points gnus at your news server.  Then it's a matter of getting
.newsauthinfo set up properly.