[macvoiceover] Re: Blind Mac tech and pro musician just joined. thought I'd say hi

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 19:00:09 -0600 (CST)

I just got an ipod shuffle today in the mail with the headphones this shuffle is supposed to attach to and be useable. The device is really small and I'm trying to order the Ipod Experience from national braille press so as to be able to keep questions at a minimum for awhile. I found the docking station in the small hard plastic box that has a usb connector on it. What I haven't been able to figure out yet is where any of these extra items actually connect with the ipod yet. There may be a place for a jack on the side of one of its ends but I don't want to use force on this and trash it so haven't tried hooking it up to anything just yet. I have lots of podcasts on the Mac Mini I want to have backed up and the capability to listen to them away from the computer so this if I can start learning how to use it should be very useful. The headset cost as much as the ipod itself but I think will turn out to have been a good buy.