[macvoiceover] Accessible pro audio systems. some good news

  • From: Lewis Brock <lewisjbrock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:06:39 +0000

Hi guys and girls

well here I am to keep you updated on a few projects which I am dedicating a lot of my time to here as an audio engineer and mac user. as I am running high end mac computers all the time and moving on forward with the new studio with hope to complete it soon here is some news

Logic studio 8 is accessible though needs some work. best way to really use logic pro is to have a dedicated control surface or professional audio console but this is the same for other packages which I will discuss

Propellorhead Reason 4 for mac. I am in direct contact with Propellorheads to get the ball rolling with accessibility and voiceover intergration with reason 4. reason 4 is a production level sample and synthesis rig which can work as a standalone system or be host driven via logic, cubase etc. it seems to work on certain areas and is navigateable to a level but not enough.

CUBASE 4.1. well lets just say I'm going to grab someone at steinberg and then turn that person into someone with no thingy bobs.. I have a developer saying that they are going to get accessibility and interface management designed for voiceover as well as all necessary work but then there's some total job's worth who talks total rubbish who will find himself with no thingybobs.

MOTU Digital Performer 5. well I've set them the challenge to delve deeply into accessibility with voiceover, interaction and necessary access changes. well if I dont hear anything from them soon. I guess its round 2. then maybe round 3, 4 and 5 until news finally sinks into these people who are only too willing to make stupid money out of people to then sell a product with no access support.

it would be nice to see action with Pro Tools but somehow I feel we won't . if digidesign can do what they say they will then cool. I would willingly invest in pro tools when it works. well now at least they released support for leopard. but its high time voiceover played a major part

anyhow hope this gives you a little food for thought

lew