[macvoiceover] GarageBand and Voiceover in review.

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:45:10 -0400

Hi folks,

Now that we have had some time to work with GB4.1, I thought it mite be good to take a look at where we are.

What can you do with GB?

GB is the first software package for the MAC that will work with Voiceover that I am aware of that will allow us to record multiple tracks. You can record a track with a microphone, or, use the instruments that come with GB, or, use a Jampack with a middi keyboard, or the MAC keyboard to play them. You can set a compresser, noisegate, or, effects on that track and then record another track and do the same thing. Many of the buttons and checkboxes are readable with VO, even more of them now.

Editing is a problem, however, if you are very careful in planning and recording your project, editing will not be a factor. Just make sure that your tracks are clean and the way you want them before you go to the next track.

Podcast

Because you can use multiple tracks on your podcast, you may find Podcasting easier than ever. You may find it a problem to use the Jingles, stingers and sound effects in this section, but, you can record the extras you want on a separate track from an external source.

So you see, much of GarageBand is useable.

David and others are looking in to using loops and I am sure that they will get a handle on that if there is a handle.

You can find information on using GarageBand at,
www.icanworkthisthing.com
under, MAC with Voiceover.

Thanks to the folks at Apple, we have come a long way, don't you think?

He who has begun is half done.