[macvoiceover] Re: 10.6.4.installed.

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:53:48 -0700

I have 3 java-related permissions that are supposedly repaired but not
really, as each time I repair permissions, the same 3 come  up and are
said to be repaired. In addition, I have one warning message concerning
a s u i d file that has been modified and won't be repaired. Since I
haven't a clue what this file is and certainly did not knowingly modify
it, I also don't have a clue what to do about that, nor if that is a
problem that could be at the root of other problems. I've always
repaired permissions when installing new apps and updates and never
thought to look all the way down the table. So whether this is a new
development or normal, I don't know. It'd be kind of nice of the
application would put the warnings into a separate box and not down at
the end of the  list of repairs. I had assumed, silly me, that problems
would be highlighted separately or at least found at the top of the
list.

Mary