[macvoiceover] Re: 10.6.4.installed.

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:45:33 -0700

Hi Keith,
For me, when I interact with the html area of IChat to read messages,
one of 2 things happens, often both. Sooner or later, I get the problem
people have talked about on Audible and the Apple site, where just
focusing on the html area forces VO to restart and restart and restart,
making it impossible to read incoming portions of a conversation. On
those occasions when the crash problem doesn't happen right away, I
have to interact twice, not once, with the html area and I can't read
with arrows, except the currently focused small area of chat. I have to
vo a to read, and then I hear "unknown unknown" prior to each
individual message, and sometimes the reading commences at the start of
the chat. If you've been chatting for a while, that's a problem; you
have to read through the whole conversation. But lately, I've been
getting the crash problem soon after commensing a chat, so its getting
worse, which I don't understand. If its something at my end, I'd love
to know what, so I could fix it. As noted, I have previously repaired
permissions, cleaned out caches and cookies. And this all started after
installation of Safari 5.

Mary