[mac4theblind] Re: external hard drive conversion

  • From: Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:28:24 +0000

OK, mind if I step in here. this needs attention lol.

the drive in question. is the drive format NTFS? if it is and it sounds like it
considering that windows these days has more of a requirement for NTFS over
FAT/32, there is a solution to your problem. have a look on the net for a
product called paragon NTFS for mac version 10, it's cheaply priced and well
worth having. I recommend this to anyone on this list, any other list etc
besides clients who I've served in IT in the past. NTFS for mac, literally does
what it says on the tin. it allows NTFS layer support on the mac to both read
and write data. with this, you can grab any data from there, move it to your
primary drive in a folder, format the drive to either EX-FAT or if using as a
mac only volume, OS X extended journaled. This software is accessible as it
runs in the background as an extension to disk utility and diskmounter.

this will save a lot of complex matters regarding cross networking from pc to
mac, swapping data over writeable optical media, etc. simple solution.

lew

Edward Redfern
Vintage Mower Restorer.
E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
Twitter: redfernmowers
Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for more
information.