[mac4theblind] Re: software which replaces the garageband

  • From: Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:22:35 +0000

I think we've covered this topic before.

the only accessible systems on the mac platform are Pro Tools 10 and
garageband. garageband is rather limited in some of it's functions and that's
just the way of it. Pro Tools 10 offers a serious amount of production tools
for what you're paying, besides reliable support from Avid and the fact they've
been consistently working on accessibility implementation for a while.

if it's coming up with an iLok issue, I think you're having an installation
problem here and either installing an upgrade version or something, as the demo
doesn't need iLok as it's a process limited demo and can't be broken..

NOTE: to all who read my posts, sorry I've not been answering most posts, due
to work and family matters, I'll get round to answering questions not covered.
I've taken interest in queries relating to disk formats, maintenance and will
be working on some instructionals on solving drive problems which I'm sure John
will host on his site.

let me further assess this issue on this workstation instance and I'll solve
your issue in due course. if not, I recommend finding one of the blind
pro-tools lists and speaking with them, they can give you much better support
on this matter than I can.

lew

Edward Redfern
Vintage Mower Restorer.
E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
Twitter: redfernmowers
Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for more
information.