[mac4theblind] Re: dogs

  • From: "CATNIP" <ajokitty@xxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:04:47 -0700

I beg your pardon, Carrie. I think it's going to the CATS! LOL.

  On 2013-01-31, at 12:26 PM, Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx> wrote:

    yes, a british miaw. I know, shameful. really I should be barking as per
normal but someone mentioned cat nip.

    nothing wrong with the idea of a guide cat per say, but guide mice with
cloggs? hmmmm maybe the scientists with spare ears and glue have too much to do.

    lol

    lew

    Edward Redfern
    Vintage Mower Restorer.
    E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
    Twitter: redfernmowers
    Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
    Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

    Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for
more information.

    On 31 Jan 2013, at 19:47, David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

      cool, a kitty with a british accent.

      On Jan 31, 2013, at 2:36 PM, Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx> wrote:

      am I drunk or am I really hearing this thread right? OK guide cats for
the blind? hmmmmm. NOPE! not a good idea there. think about it this way, guide
cats will scale walls, roofing, you name it. you - the intended victim - will
be taken places you don't want to go.

      on the other hand, from a cat to cat social arena, aka CAT TWITTER!
Miaww, Miaw, Miawwww! which roughly translates as. NOT DOING THAT AGAIN!

      lol

      lew

      Edward Redfern
      Vintage Mower Restorer.
      E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
      Twitter: redfernmowers
      Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
      Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

      Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch
for more information.

      On 31 Jan 2013, at 19:26, David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

        most likely at the fish market.

        On Jan 31, 2013, at 2:06 PM, "CATNIP" <ajokitty@xxxxx> wrote:

        I know! I keep saying I want a guide cat and now we have this HUGE cat
with
        a VERY LONG TAIL and I keep saying I'm going to use his tail as a
harness
        and make a guide cat out of him! The problem is, I'm not sure WHERE I
might
        end up. LOL.

        On 2013-01-31, at 7:19 AM, David Hilbert Poehlman
<poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        wrote:

          cats would do it for me.

          On Jan 31, 2013, at 8:21 AM, Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          wrote:

          You make some great points and yes, dogs are great ice breakers for
          everyone.  You learn something about people quickly as well either
that
          they are animallovers in the dog case which is a good thing or they
are
          tech enthusiasts in the iPad case which is also a good thing.

          On Jan 30, 2013, at 6:24 PM, CATNIP <ajokitty@xxxxx> wrote:

            Hmmm. I know when I had a guide dog it was a definite icebreaker.
Now as
            for
            devices....You may have something there unless, of course, your I
phone
            or
            pad is talking out loud to you or, as I'm just learning to use, the
            Braille
            Pen 12 with my I pad. Now THAT could strike up a conversation
because
            everyone would wonder what kind of a cute little device you had
that they
            didn't. LOL.

            Sharon

                On 2013-01-30, at 3:58 AM, Scott Granados
<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                wrote:

                  As mentioned, you'd probably do better with donuts or beaf
jerky.:)
                  heeheee

                  All I meant folks is these things like iPads or tech in
general are
                  good
                  ice breakers.  Lets also remember where I did this was the
technology
                  hub of the planet so there are lots of gear heads of both
sexes
                  available.  There's also the status symbol factor.  For the
same
                  reasons
                  that some people drive higher end cars having a high end
tablet is in
                  some ways a sign of success although maybe better put it's a
sign of
                  being with the times and current.  Either way, my main
direction here
                  was using technology as an ice breaker.

                  Oh and if you want to pick up guys it just hit me, go with
bacon.:)

                  On Jan 29, 2013, at 11:09 PM, Kerri <shalom75@xxxxxxx> wrote:

                    how in hell can one pick up guys (in my case) with an iPad?
Good god
                    alight.
                    On 2013-01-29, at 3:05 PM, John Panarese
<john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    wrote:

                      Wait a second.  Pick up chicks with an iPad?  Is that why
I bought
                      mine?  You'll be sadly disappointed if you chose that
reason to buy
                      one .... *grin*

                      I think he was lamenting over the 128 GB storage.

                      Tel, (631) 724-4479
                      Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

                      APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION

                      On Jan 29, 2013, at 4:44 PM, "George B"
<gbmagoo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                        Scott why do you need a retna display when you can not
see?  So why
                        did you
                        by one?  aren't you the one who told me in the past the
only thing
                        good with
                        a iPad is to pick up chicks at a local starbucks???