[mac4theblind] Re: Apple announces Retina iPad model with 128 GB of storage, $799 and $999 price tag

  • From: Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 08:44:46 +0000

check the specifications of the retina model against the previous generation
system. not only that, the huge hint is the storage capacity. 128gb storage on
an ipad, that's basically like buying a macbook air but cheaper and no
keyboard. I have used ipads and love them as a blind engineer  / restorer. I'd
happily own one full time so that I have a system  for on site comms, etc. the
whole point of the ipad as you should know is that voiceover opens up the whole
premise of a touch environment.

they don't come as options with or without retina displays in relation to the
processor matches, etc. so basically if you're a power user like some of us
here, then the retina model is the way forward regardless of the fact of the
display itself.

lew

Edward Redfern
Vintage Mower Restorer.
E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
Twitter: redfernmowers
Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for more
information.