Re: Where do I send the Paypal to support the Group

  • From: Joe Ellsworth <joexdobs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 15:52:00 -0800

Hi Patrick,

It seems like luajit and several other open source groups need a low cost, easy framework that will allow them to collect money from advocates and then allocate it for projects the community wants. It seems like there should be a company specializing in doing that part of the job on behalf of open source groups who want to focus on the cool parts of the product. But lets face it if the group had money they could place some desired projects on https://www.kaggle.com/competitions and gain momentum. Hopefully one of my contacts still in the silicon valley will know about them.

I am already spreading the word See: http://bayesanalytic.com/lua_jit_faster_than_julia_stock_prediction/ I will add some more Lua articles to. I don't have a huge readership only about 4K subscribers but I think they are different users than the current luajit users so it may be good exposure for adoption.

On 12/12/2014 11:17 AM, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Joe Ellsworth <joexdobs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK the group has solved a couple problems for me during the last couple
days.   It is only fair to contribute back.   I can not seem to find the
pay-pal donation form on the luajit site http://luajit.org/sponsors.html  so
where is it hiding?
Seems to me a way for an individual to give back is by spreading good
word about LuaJIT, e.g. through a blog post.