Re: Terra : "Lua" can be as fast as C

  • From: Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 13:03:37 -0400

Assuming -- for the sake of argument -- that LuaJIT runs about as fast as
optimized C, and that it will run all required programs, then what would be
the advantage of a statically typed and compiled Lua? Perhaps there might
be some advantage to achieving more correct programs with static typing,
but otherwise it's just adding an unnecessary step...

Just my 2 cents,
Mike Gogins

--
Michael Gogins