Re: Socket library?

  • From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 23:56:40 -0700

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Dimiter 'malkia' Stanev
> <malkia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 10/3/2012 10:36 AM, Elias Barrionovo wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@xxxxxxxxx>
>>> wrote:
>> It's also in Ubuntu-12.10, but I prefer the 5.2 compatibility version of
>> luajit, since it has some new features (pairs metamethods, and others) that
>> seems useful.
>
> Please do not package that as default for the general public.
>
> More on topic, we have our own Debian package for LuaJIT 2, I can
> share that if someone is interested.
>
> As for a coordinated packaging effort — I do not think that Mike
> should be bothered with that. If someone will need a package that
> he'll want to become a maintainer for a particular packaging ecosystem
> — good (or to organize the whole effort). If not — there are more
> ecosystems than Mike.
>
> My 2c,
> Alexander.

I only need LuaJIT packaged so I can package LuaAV for Fedora. But
that's not going to happen in Fedora 18 as someone already noted. I
don't know about the other distros, but Fedora packagers / package
maintainers take great pains to coordinate with the upstream
communities on things like getting the right versions and not
burdening upstream developers with administrivia.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?