Re: Socket library?

  • From: Craig Barnes <craigbarnes85@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 23:18:29 +0100

On 3 October 2012 18:45, William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd say LuaJIT is so easy to compile in pretty much every environment that
> just doing 'make install' is all the packaging you need.
>
> I've got it on the Raspberry Pi, for instance, and it was easier to build
> from scratch there than doing an apt-get install for node.js for example (to
> get the latest release running that is).

Packaging LuaJIT is the first step to packaging anything else that
requires it or wants to link against it. Sure, developers can just
clone the git repository and build it manually, but what about a user
who just wants to install a package that requires it via a complex
dependency chain?

It's pretty easy to disregard the validity of something just because
you don't personally need it.