Re: Projects I may be willing to sponsor

  • From: Stefano <phd.st.p@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:02:46 +0000

On 10 Dec 2014 19:58, "Joe Ellsworth" <joexdobs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just what I wanted.  I think it would be worth adding this to the FFI
section on the web site.

It's listed on the relevant LuaJIT wiki page:

http://wiki.luajit.org/FFI-Native-Libraries

You might find other libraries useful to your work on that page as well.

Stefano

of doubles read from a file,   Run the sum and return both the sum and
average value.

http://pastebin.com/cj7jShfj

>> > The summation loop looks like this in x64 assembly (use -jdump with
luajit to get it):

>> > ->LOOP:
>> > 7ffc8350ff80  addsd xmm7, [rax+rdi*8+0x8]
>> > 7ffc8350ff86  add edi, +0x01
>> > 7ffc8350ff89  cmp edi, 0x270f
>> > 7ffc8350ff8f  jle 0x7ffc8350ff80        ->LOOP
>> >
>> > As far as I can tell, this is the shortest and fastest you can get
without using vector instructions, which LuaJIT doesn't currently support.

>> For something more end-user-friendly (for this project at least) than
bare FFI the author might be interested in my the algebra module of an open
source project I'm working on: