Re: Projects I may be willing to sponsor

  • From: Szabó Antal <szabo.antal.92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:45:00 +0100

> As far as I can tell, this is the shortest and fastest you can get without
> using vector instructions, which LuaJIT doesn't currently support.

Actually, if you run the loop from 9999 down to 0, you can get down to 3
instructions per loop:

->LOOP:
7ffc840dff80  addsd xmm7, [rax+rdi*8+0x8]
7ffc840dff86  add edi, -0x01
7ffc840dff89  jge 0x7ffc840dff80        ->LOOP

Also, the way you want to compile a lua script into an executable is
impossible with LuaJIT, it's a tracing JIT, which means it only compiles
parts of the code which is executed frequently, the rest is interpreted.