Re: Lua 5.3 features in the horizon?

  • From: Daurnimator <quae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:37:36 -0400

Now that the lua 5.3 beta is out, this is worth revisiting.
Will LuaJIT keep up with 5.3?

What I would want support for (that can't be bolted on with
shims/libraries):

  - Moving 64bit ints to not be cdata, but of "number" type
  - the new bit operators (<<, >>, etc)
  - lexical _ENV
  - C API!

Tangentally, are there any extras in LuaJIT not currently in Lua, that
should be added?
e.g. that in luajit, __eq will be called across types.