Lua 5.3 features in the horizon?

  • From: Hisham <h@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:11:07 -0300

Hi there,

It might be too early to ask because the Lua 5.3 cycle is still in
"work" versions (and as we know things have changed drastically in
work versions from previous development cycles), but...

If Lua 5.3.0 final gets the new features that are in the work versions
(namely the 64-bit integer type, bitwise operators, utf8 module), any
chance we'll see them in LuaJIT? Feedback to those features in the Lua
list has been very positive, so my guess is that those features are
coming for good.

In particular, I wonder if the new 64-bit integers and LuaJIT's 64-bit
FFI int types could be reconciled in a useful manner.

-- Hisham