Re: Lua 5.3 features in the horizon?

  • From: Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LuaJIT <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:43:02 -0500

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Hisham <h@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In particular, I wonder if the new 64-bit integers and LuaJIT's 64-bit
> FFI int types could be reconciled in a useful manner.

i hope they'll come too.  i think the utf8 module could be efficiently
implemented in Lua, or at least in bytecode...  the new integer
subtype is a complex issue, since in Lua it adds some automatic
transformations, which are bad for JITting in general, and especially
for FFI.

of these features, for me the biggest one is the bitwise operators.
i'd really like to use them in LuaJIT...

--
Javier