[lit-ideas] Re: news?

  • From: John Wager <johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 11:08:11 -0500

It's called "Setting the Agenda." The Republicans have proved masters at
this; witness the President spending two months going around talking
about Social Security reform, which he KNOWS won't really work the way
he proposes, but at least that's two months spent talking about the
things HE has decided we should talk about, and NOT talk about more
pressing issues like health care or the war.  Rather than give the WRONG
answers to difficult questions, it's possible to get people to ask the
wrong QUESTIONS in the first place.