[lit-ideas] Re: [lit-ideas] Re: [lit-ideas] Le Pesa nteur et la Gr âce

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:32:31 -0500

I wish you guys would restate your initial positions.  I know that's asking
a lot and I should have been paying attention earlier, and no I'm going to
go dig it up in the archives.  I THINK Paul is saying that attempts to
popularize the ideas of quantum physics through comparisons to popularized
notions of Taoism yield neither good Taoism nor good science.  I think Mike
is saying who the hell is Paul to tell us what's real and what is not.  I
could be wrong, and in fact I probably am, but that's what it sounds like
and I'd like know if that is so.  I've read Capra and Zukav and Bentov and
half of Greene.  None of it made any sense to me.  I wanted physics to hand
me the God particle, but physics doesn't know God from Speranza .  All
physics knows is math and I couldn't pass a first year algebra test.  So I'm
not real sure what you guys are agruing about.  It sounds like a revised
Snow-Leavis divide.  Well, if you must do it all again, have at it, but
don't think you're going to convince anyone either way.

Mike Geary
weighing in with grace
Memphistopheles