[lit-ideas] Re: fill in the blank...

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:37:36 -0500

RP:
Could it be our own Derek Post? If not, it's Mike Geary.

C'est moi.  C'est moi!  T'is I, I humbly reply.

Except that I've never been published anywhere, never engaged in writing about financial thingies except apologizing for bounced checks, nor ever never writ one long reference article about any ancient culture. No spontaneous singer I -- even my grandchildren beg me not to sing -- that should tell you something about a singing ability. I've never walked a dog in my life though dogs have often followed me home, I think they can smell a sucker. If they can't, cats sure can. Some 10 to 15 crowd my stoop every morning only to scatter like buck shot when I open the door. And while it's true that I'm a private dancer, it doesn't follow that I'm a private investigator. My namesake "Atlas", does slowly rot outside 30 Rockefeller Center, but I rot right here in Memphis and much more rapidily. So it can't be me.

Who then?

Mike Geary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Paul" <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
_____________ has been published in every book ever written. When he walks past newsstands, he finds that he has been published there as well. Such daily shocks unravel into a variety of pennings, mostly defense mechanisms, that range from poetry to financial writing, from comic essays to long reference articles about ancient cultures, from book reviews to prose fiction. Spontaneous singer, full-time dog walker, private investigator, handyman, late sleeper, landowner, he is currently imperceptibly aging in New York City.

Could it be our own Derek Post? If not, it's Mike Geary.

Robert Paul