[lit-ideas] Re: fill in the blank...

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:14:16 -0400

>>Can't quite remember where I got it.

It's my poet's "bio" from the back matter of a poetry anthology called _Off the Cuffs_ (Soft Skull Press, 2001). The Web site Ursula copied was the promotional page from the press.

It was invigorating to be published alongside WS Merwin in that book. (Curly Howard puts his arm around Shakespeare. Hey, Mo! The Bard!)

All the other contributors had MFAs, awards, arts grants, seventeen books in print, or taught at prestigious university writing programs. So I one-upped by claiming to have written all things...a Borges tale as told by Woody Allen to a Phoenician scribe.