[lit-ideas] Yes, Prime Minister

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 21:12:32 EST

I badly needed some distraction tonight, so put in a DVD from Netflix of
episodes of Yes, Prime Minister.  I don't know how it compares with other
similar British series, but I found it very funny.  A couple references  were
lost
on me, but on the whole it was very smart and subtle comedy.  The  only thing I
found truly annoying was the laugh track they seem to feel  necessary to put
behind these things.  I don't *want* to be told when I'm  supposed to laugh,
or encouraged to do so by "infectious" laughter.  Is  anyone else familiar w/
these pieces?  I'm sure Judy is.  Are they  unusual in any way in comparison
with most British comedy series?

Julie Krueger
intrigued