[lit-ideas] Re: 'Would you like anything to read?'

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:53:27 EST

Doesn't anyone use Abebooks anymore?

Julie Krueger
(oh, and btw, it's always worth a look at eBay for books)

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: 'Would you like
anything to read?'  Date: 2/22/2007 2:16:28 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_rpaul@xxxxxxxxx (mailto:rpaul@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
David:

> Weird.  I'm getting a  listing as follows:

> Bookseller: The Chestnut Street  Bookshops
> (Berea, KY, U.S.A.)
> Price: US$ 4.80
> [Convert  Currency]
> Quantity: 1
> Shipping within U.S.A.:
>  US$  4.50
> [Rates & Speeds]

Solved, I think. When I did my first  search at abebooks I gave the
title as The Lore and Language of School  Children. (It's
'schoolchildren.') The nine expensive offerings I came  up with were
listed by their sellers as '.....School  Children.'

I've been having good luck with Amazon's 'used and new'
selections--especially for paperback mysteries and recent
trendy-but-ultimately-unsatisfying novels. Most of the time 'like new'
mysteries and 'thrillers' go for a US penny. I suppose they make it up
on the shipping charges. Even so, it beats the local drug  store.

Robert  Paul

http://www.aol.com.