[lit-ideas] Re: What's happening in Japan

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:46:35 -0400

Unfortunately, most of the world is this way, including an awful lot of
people in the U.S.  That's what kills me about the nature nurture debate.
What nurture if this is what goes on in even "advanced" societies.  I heard
Iris Chang interviewed several times regarding her books, not just the Rape
of Nanking but also on visits to China.  It was stuff I would rather not
have heard.  It's no wonder she killed herself..  Yes, Paul, the world is a
lousy place, and humans don't count in most of it.

Andy Amago