[lit-ideas] Re: What is a C?

  • From: "JUDITH EVANS" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:48:24 -0000

Beware, David: we are further down that road than you.  Even preliminary
course descriptions -- that students use to choose courses -- have specified
compulsory sections including "Aims", "Objectives", and "Transferable
Skills".  Mastery of the course material (I don't mean rote learning!) is
not an acceptable Aim or Objective.
I add that students actually choose by looking at the title, as I learned
when a colleague explained why students enrolled for my _Elites and
Democracy_ expected it to be like his _Who Runs Britain_.
Sigh.