[lit-ideas] Re: A D is a B...

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:19:55 EST

Your system is generous.  Here

anything over a 90 is an A
anything over an 80 is a B
anything over a 70 is a C
anything over a 60 is a D
below 60 is failing.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] A D is a B...  Date:
1/21/06 10:02:11 AM Central Standard Time  From: _Ursula@xxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
anything over an 80 is an A
anything over 70 is  a B
anything over 60 is a C
you get the idea....

Canadian  transcripts have numerical grades.  At least they do here...I
shouldn't  speak for everyone.
My daughter was home for Christmas and we talked a bit  about differences
between the apparatus of grading here at Nipissing and  Brown U in Rhode
Island, where she is.   A lot of their classes  are simply pass/fail.
And you can drop courses up to the last   day (or very nearly).  Brown
wants to encourage students to try courses  that they wouldn't ordinarily
attempt (because their eyes are on their GPA),  so offers this out if
things go wrong.

Yes, you should have come to  Canada.  I haven't regretted a single day
of the 38 years I've been  here.

Unless you count the Mulroney years.  We vote on Monday.   I hope we
don't someday have to look back and shudder at the Harper  years.
Ursula