[lit-ideas] Re: Vote Bush if...

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:44:42 EDT

What a wonderful website!  Thank you for posting that link.

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Vote Bush if...
Date: 10/30/04 8:25:54 AM Central Daylight Time  From: _mccreery@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:mccreery@xxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2004/10/30, at 21:59, JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx  wrote:

> You guys tell it to Theoria (Tom Hart et al) -- I'm afraid  to.  A hand
>  would
> likely come through my  computer monitor and rip my head off.  I keep
>  trying
> to figure out how to explain to my kids why all their  Christian
> friends'
> parents are for Bush (or have I  mentioned this already?).  The
> Baptists   because
> he's an alleged Evangelical; the Catholics because of the stem  cell
> and  right
> to life issues.   <sigh>

Do be sure they know, however, that not all Christians  are pro-Bush.
Here, for example, is a message I cheerfully forward,  with not a few
prayers of my own, from a deeply religious individual  who is also a
stone  Democrat.

John
==========

FYI.
Scroll down to  see the  participants.
claudia

From: The Interfaith Alliance (Jason  Gedeik)
Subject: Leave Your Lights On Election Eve
LightsDignity
<http://www.interfaithalliance.org/images/client/lightsHumanDignity.jpg>
Lights  For Human Dignity

Leave Your Lights On
Election Eve!!

Six  months after reports exposed the atrocities of Abu Ghraib prison, we
continue  to receive news of brutality against Iraqis, Americans and
world
citizens.  This shouts out the need for social justice and  prison
reform to
bring peace both abroad and here.  We believe  that social justice and
human
dignity are non-partisan issues and  are the cornerstones of every
religion
throughout the  world.

On Monday night, as we prepare to vote,  The
<http://www.interfaithalliance.org?UID=20242B76A0E82BC39&MX=64&H=1>
Interfaith  Alliance asks that people engage in the simple, powerful act
of
leaving their lights on in homes and houses of worship through dawn  of
Election Day.  Let this act make a statement that you are committed  to
universal values of justice and human dignity.  Let your light shine  as
beacon that you are devoted to peace and justice in Iraq, in  the United
States, and around the world.

Please remember to exercise  your most important right of freedom and
liberty
by voting on  November 2nd!

Participants:

*   Council on  American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-LA)
*   The Episcopal Church  (USA)
*   Guru Gobind Singh Foundation
*   The  Interfaith Alliance
*   The Interfaith Alliance of  Oklahoma
*   The Interfaith Alliance of Rochester,  NY
*   The Interfaith Drug Policy Initiative
*   Arun  Gandhi, Founder, M.K. Gandhi Institute For Nonviolence
*   Muslim  Public Affairs Council MPAC
*   National Committee of the Clergy  Network
*   National Council of Churches (USA)
*    Rabbi Jack Moline, Agudas Achim Congregation, Alexandria, VA
*    Sikh Council on Religion and Education (SCORE)
*   Sikh Mediawatch  and Resource Task Force (SMART)
*   Unitarian Universalist  Association
*   United Synagogue of Conservative  Judaism

Learn more at  www.lightsfordignity.org
<http://www.interfaithalliance.org/L/www.lightsfordignity.org/
index.cfm?UID=
20242B76A0E82BC39&MX=64&H=1>