[lit-ideas] Re: Vespas and Vespers

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:23:54 -0800

On Nov 12, 2008, at 8:05 AM, David Ritchie wrote:

near the Mutton Mountains,
Portland, Oregon

BTW, if you google Mutton Mountains, you get to this site, which features ads from Wales Cymru, host nation for the 2010 Ryder cup. Imagine the sales conversation, "No, you misunderstand, people who click on weather conditions in the Mutton Mountains are SO your target audience...golf, it's all about mountains...any kind of mountains...we don't charge much." Ask "nearest golf course to Mutton Mountains" and you get Pinedale, Wyoming--not the right answer; Straker and I chased William Drummond-Stewart's ghost all around there--and Boring. Which could be right.

Just for a laugh, click on Snowdonia in the Welsh thing.

David Ritchie,
dealing with dreich in
Portland, Oregon