[lit-ideas] Re: Usage in the USA?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:06:16 -0400

ck: Eric, try the CEL (copyeditors list) archives for a discussion on the relative demerits of CM's 14th.

Don't "do" copyediting anymore. It bums me out. Much prefer to work as a copywriter.

Copyediters spend their days looking for errors. Copywriters spend their days dreaming up new things. Copyeditors live the life of faultfinding. Copywriters live the life of creating new things.

Thank the Ground of Being I'm on vacation! Was just about to discuss proofreading, an even worse bummer. Thistles...ugh.