[lit-ideas] Re: Tuesday Joke

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 09:28:08 +0900

Actually irrelevant, isn't it, since all atoms that haven't been ionized
have equal numbers of protons and electrons.

John (who once upon a long time ago took high school chemistry)

On 3/7/07, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

John Wager wrote

> It might read a bit better if we knew more about just what KIND of
> atoms these were.  A bit more detail!  For example, it would read
> better if we knew it were two HYDROGEN atoms walking down the street.
> They would indeed be "positive" then.

In the original it's 'two hydrogen atoms.' But as far as we know from the
text, only one of them is positive.

Robert Paul

John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN