[lit-ideas] Re: True Confessions

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 18:04:49 +0000 (GMT)

--- Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have to admit, I always thought that Amago was a
> bit 'off'.

And I.

The confession explains inconsistencies in the posts.

> kaput at Tamu, I DID come across Irene's name and a
> few others whom I
> remembered had problems with the switch to Lit-Ideas
> etc. (Alison Parker is
> another one I wondered about as was Janette Poulton)

I thought Irene's problem was that she could only, on
lit-ideas, use webmail.  (But I may be thinking of
someone else.)

My question to Irene
> would be "why now?" Are you "making amends"?

There is a "why anyway" question, given that the
trigger was an e-mail problem: why not re-join as --
e.g. -- Anne Diamond.
(I add that you clearly know more about AA than I,
presumably it's larger in North America than it is
here.)

and there's a "if it's OK to do that on a list like
this, is it also OK to maintain the pretence
off-list?"

> I wonder how many of those who were on Phil-Lit
> chose to sign on with
> pseudonyms and NOT contribute. I have to admit that,
> about 5 years ago,
> after a particularly mean-spirited 'chiding' by Mr.
> Myers, I re-subscribed
> to Phil-Lit as a female.

:)

 receive the mail and keep an eye on things. I think
> the real reason is that
> I simply couldn't cloak what I wanted to say in a
> female voice. It would
> have been immediately obvious.

Interesting.  Many women post to web fora using male
or neutral names simply because people don't listen to
women/don't read women's posts; they are rarely
detected.

> p.s. Irene, I'm sorry that I told you to "fuck off"
> but Andy deserved it.

I see no need for you to apologise to Irene for saying
that.

Judy
Judy Evans, Cardiff

Yahoo! Exclusive Xmas Game, help Santa with his celebrity party -
http://santas-christmas-party.yahoo.net/