[lit-ideas] Re: The meaning of life

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:48:56 -0330

Quoting Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> --- On Thu, 4/12/08, wokshevs@xxxxxx <wokshevs@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  The immoral agent relies on others
> > to provide him with
> > the conditions necessary for the successful attainment of
> > her end, and yet she
> > herself contradicts that condition by acting in violation
> > of it.
>
> Of course _she_ does. She's a _woman_. Don't you Kantians understand
> anything?

Mea culpa. Naught but a slip of the pen, so to speak, you have my assurances. I
play table tennis, not hockey. And often against highly talented and
intelligent women. (Yes, hitting the showers is the best part of the evening.)

As for understanding:

We set our intellectual and moral sights on ends higher than those possible for
the faculty of understanding. Reason is as blind to gender as she is to
culture, history and Canadian politics (esp. Canadian politics).

Walter O
Chair,
Department of Postmodernism and Cultural Studies
The Polly Andry School of Theology