[lit-ideas] Re: The Piano Man

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:50:39 -0400

Eric - I've read the Murray article -- and it doesn't even begin to explain
why the Bridge response has been rejected. It's a lousy source to turn to.
(It does look at jazz creatively though -- something I love playing but hate
listening to.)

I recommend another article by a Canadian psychiatrist who's very critical
herself of Freud's concept of the unconscious and supports Marie-Louise von
Franz' "sleeper cell" theory, but only so far. It happens that she was
Piaget's mistress, and that sometimes gets in the way of her idea's
acceptance. Cognitive psychologists tend to be very judgmental. Her article
can be found in a journal with far more credibility than "The Journal of Bad
Owweee," which isn't taken very seriously.