[lit-ideas] Re: The Piano Man

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:39:24 -0400

It's different because the more shoulders we stand on, the farther away
from the ant's eye perspective we get. That's what's nice about science,
that it's willing to grow.

> >The laws of physics and the elements are constant throughout the
universe.

> I used to believe that.

Examples, please.

> >Saying things just are seems a statement of hopelessness in my opinion.
>
> Well, I'm a pretty hopeless person. But I don't think I was saying things
> just are. I was saying that I accept everything because I know absolutely
> nothing.

We're a long way from knowing everything, but a longer way from knowing
absolutely nothing. It's interesting that knowing absolutely nothing and
knowing everything curve in on themselves.  All we need to know is in that
little book, the Bible ...

Andy