[lit-ideas] Re: The Essence of This

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:16:54 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Oct 6, 2004 9:13 AM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: The Essence of This

>A.A.  What meaning does life have?  Life exists.  Life ends.  It may feel
>good or bad in the existing, but where is the meaning?

If there is no meaning, then why do we do what we do?

A.A.  Because shit flows downhill, otherwise known as socialization.  How many
people do what they do for a reason other than because they think they have to?

Because we're silly?
I think that might be it. I know that the more I come to the conclusion
that life IS meaningless, the sillier I get.

A.A. Wouldn't it be nice if all those dead people who struggled so hard in life
to [fill in the blank] could come back and tell us if it was worth it.

Andy Amago

I'm still looking, but I'm thinking I could get a lot more silly, [with a
government grant]

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada