[lit-ideas] Re: The Bush Button

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 02:50:16 -0500

So Washington DC is flattened, Mecca, Riyadh, Damascus, and Tehran are radioactive glass, and Rumsfeld is now President after the Secretary of the Interior give-ups the ghost to leukemia from exposure to the immediate radiation from SCUD IN A BOX.

Now it's time for _Rummy's Wild Ride_, the apocalyptic conclusion to post Stone Age existence (with homage to Norman Spinrad's "Last Hurrah of the Golden Horde) as Rummy stands down the Russian Federation and the Chi-Com Capitalists and truly exercises some US military muscle on a scale not seen since WWII.

Mike, Andreas, Carol Kirschenbaum, Robert, Teemu, and I are caught up in Rummy's international draft of the over-35 gang as we set straight the mistakes of the 20th century. Yes there will be fluffy puppets, just as in Star Wars, but no real Force we can trust, just our senses of humor.

Lawrence will be the narrator. I mean, somebody has to be left to tell the story. And he is a good writer.