[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday waffle...

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:05:24 -0500

Andy:
> Society is stupid.

A good thing you live outside society then.

> If you think people value professions which
> allegedly take more intelligence (in which case you've missed my point
> entirely), I would ask why it, society, bows down to the likes of Brittany
> Spears, Cher, and other bonobos.

I think you miss my point entirely.  I said society rewards genes, beauty,
wealth and luck.  You want society to recognize your contribution with the
same zeal it has for them others.  Get over your resentment, Son, it's
getting in the way of your reading.

> If you think doctors and lawyers are so
> exempt from idolizing morons,

huh?

> how many doctors/lawyers do you think would
> mind if Brittany or Cher moved in next door to them, wouldn't think this
> was some sort of symbol of their own success.

Doctors and lawyers are just as infatuated by celebrity as the rest of us.
The belong to the same stupid society that you don't.

> Sheep have an inherent need
> for aristocracy.  If they don't have one built into the system, they
> create
> one.

When I was a kid, we lived on a farm in northeast Arkansas.  We raised
sheep.  I know sheep.  And you, my friend, are no sheep.  So don't be bad
mouthing no sheep, I'm warnin' ya.  Sheeps is king of the animal kingdom.
And they're cute.

Relax, Andy.  Remember Joanie's song: "Be not too hard for life is short and
nothing is given to man."  We're ALL stupid.  Even Democrats.

Mike Geary
as dumb as they come
at least in Memphis