[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday waffle...

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:51:45 -0500

I agree with the President when he says this is an absurd
allegation.  Secretary-General Irene Khan has said "As a strategy,
the war on terror is bankrupt of vision and bereft of principle" and
clearly has it in for Bush when writing in the foreword that
"Guantánamo Bay has become the gulag of our times."  So much for
Amnesty being "independent of any government, political ideology,
economic interest or religion [and] It does not support or oppose any
government or political system... [and] is concerned solely with the
impartial protection of human rights."  The Bush haters are a vocal lot.
Here is Christopher Hitchens's new column that touches on this
subject: http://slate.msn.com/id/2119392/

~Brian