[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Poem

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 10:45:02 +0900

Mike,

Dare we hope that the tools were insured?

John

On 4/9/07, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sympathies to David Ritchie for his loss.  More sympathy to me for mine.
Two weeks ago someone broke into my shop (well, 'shop' is rather
pretentious, actually it's the garage of my ex) and stole my oxygen and
acetylene outfit, my arc welder, my drill press, my anvil and, most
distressing of all, the sculpture I'd just finished -- I do direct metal
sculptures out of copper tubing and copper sheet for fun and games.  This
particular sculpture was for my daughter.  It was a fountain of a man in a
business suit with a briefcase and a raised umbrella, the water poured down
on the man from inside the umbrella -- I called it "States of Mind".  It was
great.  Took me months to do.  I couldn't believe the asshole thief made off
with it too.  I dispise theives with good artistic taste.  Whatever happened
to tough guys?

Mike Geary
Memphis