[lit-ideas] Re: Some of you may remember ... ueber-gaffe

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:57:43 -0400

Judith: Your suggestion that all such people are
buffoons who switched the TV on by accident, when they
may have been coping with serious problems, is really
unpleasant and foolish, too.

Hey, I know you're not one to be out-snarked, Judith,
but YOU, ma'am, are the one attributing "buffoon"
status to imaginary Americans who happened to be given
rustic names and who were expecting mass culture
instead of dueling unobjectionables. "Buffoon" is your
projection, your read-in, your stereotype. Own it.

As for "coping with serious problems," I did offer you
respect for that circumstance. However it must have
evaporated when the rustics were imagined. But finis, as you say.

All the best to you and yours,
Eric