[lit-ideas] Re: SUNDAY POEM

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:51:49 -0700

on 10/18/04 1:13 PM, Ursula Stange at Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> A kingly duel of swords and wenches, you say?
> Do the wenches get the final vote?
> The supreme vote?
>
> A wine fountain?   I'll be there...
> Ursula
> wavering in the afternoon wine in
> North Bay

If you click on the link about the cloth of gold, go to the bottom of the
page...or simply follow this link...

http://idid.essortment.com/pirateswomen_rzzx.htm

you'll see that neither male poets nor male pirates should try duelling with
some kinds of wenches.

As for how final vote goes?

We shall be young, we shall be merry and very, very wise,
And the door shall stand open at our feast.
Should there come a woman with the West in her eyes,
welcoming her with floored arms, we'll revel in vin, frites and peace.

David Ritchie
between reading essays in
Portland, Oregon